Monday, November 2, 2009

"2 States" by Chetan Bhagat

sunday evening...took lunch and then been to that second hand bookshop, if im at home on weekends, it will be evening by the time i take lunch. CLEANING CLEANING CLEANING.

I had nothing in my mind about the books for that day...just thought of going through the racks...and ChetanBhagat's latest grabbed my attention, since I have already read his last three books.

He is cashing more on the INDIAN-Student(or)Youth-Romance factor most of the time, i suppose, there is very little in him to compare with international authors...but still...it is a timepass kind of stuff...nothing serious about it.

I saw the price, it is 95rs...i asked the shopkeeper for a discount...im used to this habit in bookshops since my college days. In response...Interestingly the shopkeeper pulled a book under the desk (it is hidden intentionally somewhere )...and said..."this copy is just 65rs"...i was like wow !!! how come he had a duplicate so soon, because "Two States" is pretty new...hardly a week i suppose. The shopkeeper continued ..."same same...everything same as the original...just the paper"...he said.

I said..." duplicate should only be 50rs, isn't it?"...in reply...and to my surprise ...the shopkeeper replied..."ya you are right, that will be 50rs for sure...but 2 weeks later"...i could not stop laughing loud at him, I liked his attitude...finally he agreed to deduct 5 rs...and the deal done for rs 60...

Since Im not intending to be a modern Gandhiji and I dont want a great paper quality for a chetanbhagat's book...and hence i hve selected the duplicate copy...(the only difference is the paper quality...rest everything has been copied to perfection, including the cover page, color, etc)...

Poor Chetan...definitely losing money here...sorry dude...35rs makes more sense to a smart Indian...!!!!

if that is AYN RAND OR JEFEREY ARCHER...i dont mind 100 bugs more to grab an original copy...because i can read those books many times in my life...

I cant help !!! Im born like this :-)

No comments:

Followers